Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Little Change in our Thinking

I've been studing Adam, but I want to change paths and talk about Jeremiah (the weeping prophet). His life was filed with rejection and lots of it. He was went to give Jerusalem bad news and he pleaded and begged them to repent. The people of Jerusalem are like people today. If you read Jeremiah God gives him a word to speak to the people about repenting and they have a chance to turn from their ways, but they feel that they can fool God and tell Him they will change but they never do. We do the same thing, God if you can get me out of this I will change. God knows your ways and actions and what you will do. What stands out to me right now is in Jer: 8-10 How can you say, "We are wise because we have the law of the Lord." when your teachers have twisted it so badly? 9 These wise teachers will be shamed by excile for their sin, for they haved rejected the word of the Lord. Are they wise after all? Timothy talks about false prophets and studying the Word for yourself. Alot of times we don't study and take another persons word. Lord, let me not be a false prophet and teach wrong beliefs. I, like Jeremiah, weep for those who don't know the word, but weep and suffer more for those who know and not listen. Because, like in Jeremiah your wrath is not light and your anger trembles the whole of the world. Reach down and touch those that come across my path and turn them around. In your son's Jesus Christ name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment